Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Unpaid bills report doesn't equal Accounts Payable in Balance Sheet

Since the upgrade to MYOB Essentials NEW the unpaid bills report at a past date doesn't equal the Accounts Payable balance in the balance sheet on the same date.

Eg. I want to print the unpaid bills report on the 31 Oct 22 however when I print this report today (15 Dec 22) it appears to only show the bills still o/s today from the 31 Oct 22. Therefore the unpaid bills report from 31 Oct 22 does not equal the Accounts Payable balance at 31 Oct 22

In MYOB Essentials OLD the unpaid bills report could be run at a particular date and would show the total unpaid bills at that particular date, which would then agree with the Accounts Payable balance on that same date.

What report can I run in MYOB Essentials New to show the balance of unpaid bills at a particular date in the past, which will agree with the Accounts Payable balance on the same date.

We account on an accruals basis.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Suzanne2 

Thanks for your post. The Unpaid bills report will display bills up to the selected date and should agree with the Accounts Payable account on the Balance Sheet.

image.png

image.png

If your reports are different I'd recommend going to Reporting>>Exceptions dashboard and running the Payables reconciliation exceptions report to check for any exceptions. This Help Article, Checking your records, has detailed information on what can cause the payables to be out of balance.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Suzanne2
      User

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your response. I have run the exceptions report and there are no exceptions for accounts payable or accounts receivable.

The unpaid bills report and the unpaid invoices report do not match the accounts payable or the accounts receivable balances for any month. I don't understand why. We never had this problem prior to the upgrade.

My year-end unpaid bills report and my unpaid invoices report at 30 Jun 22 did agree with the accounts payable and accounts receivable balance prior to the upgrade but now they do not agree. 

Since the upgrade the unpaid bills and the unpaid invoices reports do not show all o/s bills and invoices at a given date, only what if anything is still o/s today.