Cannot select Contact person in invoice emails

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AlanT
Partner
2,369 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,369Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

Cannot select Contact person in invoice emails

Hi MYOB,

Ok, you may not see this as a bug, but as all the customers for one of my client's are setup as businesses, we need to be able to have the ability to use a variable such as {{Contact_person}} when we setup the email defaults in the Sales Settings.

Without this variable being available it makes the whole point of the email template pretty much pointless.

@Melisa_D 

@Komal_S 

@Steven_M 

@ChrisMYOB 

AlanT

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: BUG: Cannot select Contact person in invoice emails

Hi @AlanT 

Currently, the listed variable fields that can be added to the emails in the Sales settings are listed in Help Article: Set up default emails. As you have rightly indicated, {{Contact Name}} is not a field that can be used as a variable from the card. To my knowledge, there has been no talk of expanding that list, however, it may be something that we do look into in the future.

In the future, please don't tag the MYOB Moderator group. While we are happy to assist with any queries that users may have, this is a Community driven forum. See the Community Forum Rules of Participation for more information on MYOB's involvement in this Forum.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

NadiaC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Cannot select Contact person in invoice emails

I agree.  Invoices going out addressed Dear      ,    It's horrid.  Iv'e changed my default to Dear Customer at least.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post