Forum Discussion

RodneyPollen
Contributing User
9 months ago

Customer Statement balance due incorrect.

Hi,

My Customer Statement Balance Due is incorrect.

I've attached screenshots of the Customer Statement and Receivables Reconciliation.

We've recently upgraded from AR v19.6 so we're still adjusting to AR Premier 2023.7.0 multicurrency issues.

All the transaction seem normal and payment terms on all invoices ate set to 14 days.

Please help

Rodney

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi RodneyPollen 

If you look at the top of the Receivables Reconciliation, it states that the transactions are show in ZMW (not USD). The Statement is however in USD - you should be able to format the statement to show that all values are in USD. 

The receivables recon report is always shown in local currency as far as I know - however I don't use multi currency much. The Orig Currency column shows the currency code the transaction was recorded in, even though the amts displayed are in local currency.

Multiple currency support in AR2023 is a little 'half-baked' IMHO.

Regards

Gavin

RodneyPollen
      Contributing User

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the fast response.

There are two issues:

1. On the Statemet - the customer Total Amount Due (40,870.51) does not agree with the final statement balance (50,338.15)

2. The Receivables Account  is out of balance.

1. My primary concern is the Statement balance that has the missleading bottom line.

All the transaction are showing and all the invoice terms are consistant (14 days) and they are showing in the right currency.

Any idea why its missing a random $9,467.64?

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi RodneyPollen 

Thanks for clarifying the issue - take a look at the first few posts here - MYOB needed to run a script on the file to fix the issue (a payment was not showing due to bug in software).  Other than seeing the numbers don't add up, there is not enough info provided to identify cause. You will need to look at the History on all invoices to see where the discrepancy comes from.

You cannot tell if your Receivables Reconciliation is out of balance as you are looking at one Supplier only. Generate same report for all suppliers to see if the register total matches the account.

Regards

Gavin