Forum Discussion

PFP1
Experienced Cover User
3 months ago

Customer Statements

Having an issue with customer statements that are automatically sent at the start of each month by MYOB.

Customers have asked us to include our banking details on the statement.

As we have only 1 template defaulted it should alread have this information included as it is the same used for invoices.

When we preview a customer statement via the sales tab, selecting default template, it shows these details there.

Why would it not be showing on statements that are automatically sent by MYOB at the beginning of the month?

I also confirmed in the templates and opened up the default template and chose "preview as statement" and again it displays this information.

What am I doing wrong that the automated statements appear not to heve this bank detail information?

Am totally stumped and may need to labouriously manually sent out monthly statements to resolve.

Thank you.

5 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi PFP1,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. I understand your concern about the banking details not appearing on the automated customer statements. There could be a few steps that we need to try to fix this:

1. Double-check the template: Ensure that the template used for the automated statements is indeed the default one that includes the banking details. Sometimes, a different template might be selected for automated statements.
    2. Update the template: Try making a minor change to the template, saving it, and then changing it back. This could potentially refresh the template.
    3. Check the settings: Make sure that the settings for automated statements are correctly configured to include all necessary details.
    4. Lastly, after following the three steps above, try to manually send this to your email and check if complete details will show this time.

If the issue persists after following those steps above, please let us know so we can investigate further.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

PFP1
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Shella

There is no place that allows for selecting a specific template for automated statements.

Only place where any templates are found are in the sales settings and when checking the "preview" it show the statement with the banking details.

If we go into reminders where you check the box to send out automated statements there in np place there to assign any choice.

So I would have assuemed the template in the preview whould be used as per attached image, which does have the required info, yet customers say it doesn't.

Cheers.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi PFP1,

Thanks for the response and for the screenshot attached.

The selection of a specific template for automated statements is not directly available in the settings you mentioned. However, you can choose the email template you wish to use. If you have not created an email template for your debtor statements, you can add a new email template. The newly created template will appear in the list afterwards.

Regarding the issue of banking details not appearing on the statements sent to customers, it's possible that the template being used does not include these details. We recommend double-checking and editing the template to include the necessary banking details. You may refer to these helpful articles: Customer Statements, Personalizing Invoices, and Setting Up Your Payment Details for detailed information and instructions.

Let me know if you need further help.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella