Forum Discussion

smileykylie1982
Trusted User
11 months ago
Solved

Double up invoices?

Hi,

I've created an invoice this morning in the usual way and noticed that the same invoice number appears twice in my invoices screen. Only one of these records is marked as being emailled (sending). Both the invoices appear to be identical.

I also notice that the main screen has reverted back to the original layout from a few months ago.

My reporting also shows the invoice twice for that customer, and the invoice amount is being counted twice as well.

Is there presently a problem?

Thanks,

Kylie.

Update:

I deleted one of the duplicate invoices, but then when I created the next invoice the system reused the previous invoice number, so I have two invoices with the same number for different customers!

Update 2:

I changed the invoice number on the most recent invoice to the next invoice number. This is despite the fact that the email has already been sent with the incorrect invoice number on it.

Then I tried creating a new invoice. The number assigned to the invoice was the previous number that has been duplicated several times now!

invoice_double.png

• I decided to create two invoices for a test customer to "burn off" the dodgy invoice numbering.

My system now has two instances of duplicate invoice numbers which is rather unacceptable in a professional invoicing system.

Obviously there must have been a problem with the database insert triggers at that point which created two duplicate invoices and then didn't advance the invoice numbering.

It seems to be fixed for now.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I decided to create two invoices for a test customer to "burn off" the dodgy invoice numbering.

My system now has two instances of duplicate invoice numbers which is rather unacceptable in a professional invoicing system.

Obviously there must have been a problem with the database insert triggers at that point which created two duplicate invoices and then didn't advance the invoice numbering.

It seems to be fixed for now.