Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Seeking Advice: Fergus vs. Simpro for Electrical Company

Hello MYOB Community!

Our electrical company has been using Fergus for several years now, and while it has served us well, we're beginning to feel the limitations as our business grows. We're considering transitioning to Simpro and would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you could share regarding the benefits of Simpro compared to Fergus, particularly in terms of accounting integration

We've found that efficient accounting integration, especially with invoicing, is crucial for our operations. Therefore, we're keen to hear from those who have used Simpro in similar contexts.

How does Simpro handle integration with accounting software, such as MYOB? Are invoices synced seamlessly, or are there any challenges?

Have you found Simpro to streamline the invoicing process compared to Fergus? Does it offer automation features that save time and reduce manual data entry errors?

- Do the correct Payment Terms show up in MYOB from supplier invoices (this does not happen at the moment with our Fergus and MYOB intergration. For some reason all supplier invoices come through as C.O.D, even when wet up correctly in MYOB).

Can Simpro generate customized reports related to invoicing and financials? How flexible is it in adapting to the specific accounting needs of an electrical company?

What has been your experience with Simpro's customer support and training resources, particularly concerning accounting integration and invoicing?

Any insights, tips, or cautionary tales you can share regarding the transition from Fergus to Simpro and its impact on accounting processes would be immensely helpful for us as we navigate this decision.

Thank you in advance for your valuable input!

~ VES Admin and Accounts

1 Reply

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi VESAdmin,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. My apologies for the delayed response. I recommend reaching out to Fergus directly or looking for more specific reviews or case studies online to get a better understanding of their offerings and how they compare to Simpro when using MYOB.

Feel free to start a new post if you have any other queries. You may also reach out using our online help MOCA to ask questions anytime you need help.

Otherwise, if my response has been useful, I kindly ask that you click the "Accept As Solution" button to help others find this information.

Kind  regards,

Shella