Forum Discussion

Possum2
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

RECORDING AND ALLOCATION OF ELECTRICITY CREDIT

Hi,

I am working with the online MYOB Business Pro for a small NFP . I am hoping someone can give me some advice on what is the best way to record an electricity consumption credit note on our electricity account, which will be allocated to future bills as they are received. I have searched to resolve and created a bill with a negative balance (the only resolution option I found), but when I endeavour to enter a payment against the bill a bank account has to be selected.    Can someone please advise the best way to go about this? Many thanks for your help.

• Hi Possum2 

Thanks for your post. Once you've recorded the supplier return (negative bill) you would apply the supplier return to open bills. To do this:

1. go to Purchases>>Supplier returns
    2. click on Apply 
    3. enter the amount being applied to the applicable bill
    4. Record

More information is available in this Help Article: Supplier returns, debits and refunds

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Possum2 

Thanks for your post. Once you've recorded the supplier return (negative bill) you would apply the supplier return to open bills. To do this:

1. go to Purchases>>Supplier returns
    2. click on Apply 
    3. enter the amount being applied to the applicable bill
    4. Record

More information is available in this Help Article: Supplier returns, debits and refunds

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Possum2
      Experienced User

Thank you so much.  It took my a while but the penny finally dropped. I skipped the step of creating the bills to be allocated. 🙄