Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Supplier payment due date

Hi 

We have migrated over to Essentials.  On the old system you used to be able to set individual supplier due dates that come up automatically when entering the bills.  Now it comes up C.O.D every time!  Is there any way of setting this up??  Quite frustrating when it used to work!!

3 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Spondoolee,

Thanks for your post.

If you wish to change the due date for each supplier instead of having COD, you can go to you business name > Sales settings > Payments, and then under payment terms, select which one applies. Please see screenshot below.

Feel free to post again anytime if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Best regards,

Doreen

GG169
      User

I believe the poster is referring to the Create Bill section of Purchases, not sales.  I am frustrated by the same issue of having to change the Due Date from COD with every bill entry to the standard business terms (along with having to change the GST inclusive to exclusive every time).  Please advise how we change the template for Purchases.

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi GG169,

Thanks for your response. It seems you want to change the default settings for the due date and GST in the Create Bill section of Purchases in MYOB. If you have transactions that you record regularly—for example, a rent invoice—you can set them up as recurring transactions and get them to record automatically.

Templates can be checked under the Templates page of Sales Settings. For the templates under Purchase Setting, if you're previously using AccountRight, you can still use templates created from the desktop version. To edit those templates, you'll need to open them in the desktop version of your AccountRight. If you don't have any existing templates, you may try to create a new one for this. This helpful article, Purchase Orders, Creating a Sales Order, Entering a Bill, Quote, or Order, and Choosing a Layout Type, will give you the full, detailed information to assist you in working with this.

Feel free to reply if you need further help. I also recommend getting in touch through our online help center, MOCA, whenever you need immediate assistance.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella