Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Uber fees and sales

Hello, 

I am  a small business and I have delivery partners  (uber, menulog, doordash) they charge fees and marketing fees but in my account I can see reflected only the payment after discounting this fees. 

How Can I classify all this payments in my statements?

Thank you

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Margarita,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! In this scenario, it's advisable to consult with an accountant for an accurate solution. However, for a general understanding of how to classify payments from delivery partners like Uber, Menulog, and Doordash that encompass fees and marketing charges in your MYOB Business statements, you can begin by creating specific Expense Accounts within the Chart of Accounts or Account List section. 

Establish dedicated expense accounts such as "Delivery Partner Fees" and "Marketing Fees." Subsequently, record the income received from these delivery partners in your MYOB account, and then create corresponding expense transactions to accommodate the fees and marketing charges deducted by these partners. Ensure to allocate these expenses to the respective expense accounts previously set up. 

I would also recommend on visiting this help article for more information: Tax tips for Uber drivers and others in the sharing economy 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl