changing a customer on a saved invoice

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
WGR
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

changing a customer on a saved invoice

Hi, how can I change the customer on an invoice when I have already emailed it (to the wrong person). Using the recuring method creates a new invoice and therefore changes the invoice number. Is there a way to change the customer without loosing the existing invoice number.

1 REPLY 1
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,386 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,386Posts

116Kudos

271Solutions

Re: changing a customer on a saved invoice

Hi @WGR,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I regret to hear about the issue you've encountered in sending an invoice and my apologies for the delayed response. Changing the customer on an invoice after it has been emailed without altering the invoice number can be a bit tricky due to the way invoices are tracked and recorded. However, here is a possible workaround you can try: 

• In AccountRight, you can create a credit note or adjustment note for the original invoice. This effectively reverses the original invoice.
  • Apply the credit note you created in step 1 to the original invoice. This offsets the original invoice's amount, effectively canceling it out.
  • Now, create a new invoice with the same invoice number as the original, but this time for the correct customer. AccountRight may allow you to manually enter the same invoice number.
  • Adjust the customer details on the new invoice to match the correct customer, including their name, address, and other relevant information.
  • Once you've created the corrected invoice, you can email it to the correct customer.

By following these steps, you maintain the same invoice number while changing the customer information.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post