due Date on invoices-prepaid

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

due Date on invoices-prepaid

On the invoice there is the option of prepaid which to me means Payment in advance does it not?

so why in the email does it then give a date it has to be paid by? surely it shouldnt have a date? Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 2.41.19 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-02-11 at 2.30.07 pm.png

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: due Date on invoices-prepaid

Hi @LCrowhurst 

When you have included the {{invoice _due_date}} on the email templates the system will populate the due date into that field. 

Prepaid invoices are interesting as there is no way of telling the system what the prepaid date was but as that field has been included on the email template it will need to be populated with a date. For this situation, the due date is taken from the last prior due date of the invoice. For example, if you normally have your terms set to be Due on this day being 28/02/2023 but you then mark that one as Prepaid, the due date for the email becomes 28/02/2023 (even though Prepaid is listed). Assuming you only had Prepaid as your default terms, the invoice date then becomes that due date for the emails.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

I never set that date (as shown on the screen shot) ...to me prepaid means pay upfront not on a set date....the prepaid option has only become an option since we were upgraded to the new (unusable) Essentials. ive never set any terms for prepaid as i am not are how to?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @LCrowhurst 

As explained the system will pre-populate a date for that invoice when the term prepaid is used. This is an afficial date that is used for that email template. The listed date is generated from the Terms setting before the invoice was moved into having those terms. 

To fully prevent the system from using that afficial date on the email defualt where the Prepaid terms are involved you would want to either do one of the following - all within the Sales Settings:

• Remove the reference to the due date in the Email defualts - can be done before sending that one invoice and then adding it back afterwards.
  • Set the default terms to be Prepaid. This would be used as the terms on all customers going forwad (while that setting is in place). Doing this would put the invoice due date for the email default to be the same as the invoice date. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

LCrowhurst
Trusted Cover User
626 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

626Posts

43Kudos

3Solutions

not a option as i dont want this term for EVERY client. 

Neither option above are favourable/idealMan Frustrated. why cant there be a Prepaid template where i can set the terms?ie due on this date (date its sent).?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post