Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Set default account code

Cover User

2Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I would like to link my contacts cards with specific account numbers in my chart of accounts. I can do this in my normal MYOB can it be done in MYOB Live? 

"Linking Contact Cards to the Chart of Accounst"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

6 Comments
Julie_B
Trusted User
229 Posts
Trusted User

Not sure which version you are using but it's still there as before.

Drill down into your card.

Choose the tab at the top saying SELLING DETAILS (or BUYING DETAILS)

Choose your GL account in the field saying INCOME ACCOUNT or EXPENSE ACCOUNT.

Job done Smiley Happy

seachange
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

It would be great to allocate a usual or default expense account to a supplier.

Thanks,

Cathy

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your feedback Simon, this type of change to make things faster is something that we would be happy to consider adding into a future update. To get an idea of how much demand for this is in our community please remember to vote if you'd like to see it added. Julie_B, it sounds like you're talking about AccountRight, this is the LiveAccounts Ideas Exchange and these two programs are a bit different.
NB123456789
17 Posts
Cover User

Spend Money & Bills – you can’t allocate an account code to that supplier/creditor.  This would save data entry time.

aidbrotey
4 Posts
Cover User

I totally agree- this will help the ease of use for this package

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had little support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages