Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Items: Unit of measure - per day

Partner

8Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

8 Posts
Partner
Australia

The new bill by hours feature is nice but how about allowing users to specify their own units. I usually bill per day but sometimes I have other units such a people when im running a training course.<br><br>Cheers.

"Customizable units"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: July 2022

Hi Everyone

The Unit of measure for items within MYOB Essentials is not pre-defined. This will allow users to enter their own unit of measure for example you could enter days if required.

Please note the Unit of measure is 5 characters maximum. 

7 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post. I understand you would like to be able to customise what appears as the units being invoiced for and not be restricted to the available options of 'Hrs' and 'Qty'. We request others who would like this flexibility to please vote and add any relevant comments.
Fizzkid
Experienced Cover User
65 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can Days be added to the units field?.  I bill some clients in days not hours, and this has lead to confusion over hown many hours constitute a day when converting it to an hourly rate.  Havins "Days" as a unit would elimiated this problem

"Daily Time Billing Units"

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the suggestion @Fizzkid. Anyone else who would like to see daily billing units as an option in time billing, please cast your vote here.

Big_Picture
3 Posts
User

I am a consultant that bills only in days and this is how my clients would like to see my invoices.  Is there anyway to add a days UOM?

Dave_C
4 Posts
Cover User

I also am a consultant and need to provide client's with timesheets to support invoices.

My default mode is to bill by hours but some clients require that I bill by 8 hour days - its a simple division by 8 exercise however because I have clients that want days, I have ended up creating mirror invoices in Excel to handle the days/hours alternatives.

Be a great deal easier if I just ran the timesheets in Excel and could do all the invoicing from the default formats in MYOB Essentials

Dave_C
4 Posts
Cover User

@Fizzkidwrote:

Can Days be added to the units field?.  I bill some clients in days not hours, and this has lead to confusion over hown many hours constitute a day when converting it to an hourly rate.  Havins "Days" as a unit would elimiated this problem

There are several of these requests - they are all pretty much identical and all from people with the same problem - can't they be consolidated into one issue?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Unit of measure for items within MYOB Essentials is not pre-defined. This will allow users to enter their own unit of measure for example you could enter days if required.

Please note the Unit of measure is 5 characters maximum.