Surcharge on credit cards

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TC1808
Experienced User
43 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

43Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Surcharge on credit cards

We want to pass on the surcharge for credit card payments to the customer. However, our invoices are printed when the job is complete and then sits with the repair until the customer collects it. We use Square to process payments but we have no way of knowing beforehand if a customer will pay by credit card (we offer cash and direct debit as well) so the surcharge has to be added at pick-up but this means the amount paid will not match the actual amount shown on the invoice. We can print a receipt from Square which will show the extra amount but then not sure how to handle this scenario in MYOB so everything matches up. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: Surcharge on credit cards

Hi @TC1808 

Thank you for your post.

What I would suggest that you do is create a separate expense account for Square Fees. On each invoice, you can now add another line specifically for its fees. If it's for your invoice, you can add the fees on the Square Fee line as a negative. By doing this, the total of the transaction will be the full amount, but keep track of the fees as well at the same time. I would also suggest putting a description in there. Here's an example of what it would look like for an invoice: 

sq.PNG

The second option is a deposit adjustment.

1. Select the invoice being paid
  2. In the Match amount field manually type the invoice total, you'll end up with an out of balance for the amount of the fees
  3. Click on Add adjustment
  4. Select the applicable fees expense account
  5. Enter the amount of the fee as a negative
  6. Save

image.png

image.png

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post