Forum Discussion

KatieJ2
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

Credit Card Surcharge now working?

I called MYOB the other day for assistance and was told to simply switch the online payment off as there was no way to charge the fee to our customer.

I noticed this link, however, the question is though, how to the fees get charged to the customer in the backend? currently, we are still being charged. Any assistance is most appreciated. 

It mentions "When a customer pays by card, a 1.8% surcharge is calculated and added to the invoice total. The surcharge is paid directly to MYOB and the original invoice amount is paid to you."

Sound great, just need some advice as to how this now happens. 

https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/GEN/Card+surcharges+on+AccountRight+invoices+-+beta#expand-1Setupasurchargeitem

• Hi KatieJ2 

As announced late last year on Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge, we are committed to building out the surcharging capabilities for invoice payments. We did go through an initial process where we trialled a potential solution with various clients hence the Help Article you have linked to helping them through that process.

The majority of clients would not be able to add credit card surcharging at this stage but it is actively being worked on for the future.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi KatieJ2 

As announced late last year on Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge, we are committed to building out the surcharging capabilities for invoice payments. We did go through an initial process where we trialled a potential solution with various clients hence the Help Article you have linked to helping them through that process.

The majority of clients would not be able to add credit card surcharging at this stage but it is actively being worked on for the future.

KatieJ2
      Experienced User

thank Stephen, yes the MYOB chat person let me know that also. Keen to get this up and running as putting the surcharge on every invoice and removing it is not a great process, nor is turning the function off to delay payments.

Keenly anticipating the arrival of this function, thank you for following up.

Kind regards,

Katie