Forum Discussion

5 months ago
Solved

Client did not receive invitation email for client's portal

Hi MYOB team,

One of my clients had changed his email address as iinet email was no longer available.

I removed his old email address from the portal's users and added his new email address as a full access user back on 04/09/23.

I sent him a document today and we realised that he did not receive an invitition email from myob for the access to the portal so he could not log in as it stated that the new email is invalid.

He is not able to log in with his old email as he will not be able to get the 2FA code.

I tried to remove and add the new email but it stated that the email address already exists in another portal. 

Is there any way that the access email could be sent to the client again? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Khushbu 

• Hi accountant7,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

If the new email is shown as associated with another portal, it might be causing a conflict when trying to re-add it. To help you effectively, I'll be reaching out to you via private message shortly to gather some additional information to investigate the issue more thoroughly and assist in re-sending the access email to your client. Please keep an eye on your Community forum inbox, and we'll continue to address your concern through that channel.

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

• Hi accountant7,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the community forum. I hope you find it a great source of information.

If the new email is shown as associated with another portal, it might be causing a conflict when trying to re-add it. To help you effectively, I'll be reaching out to you via private message shortly to gather some additional information to investigate the issue more thoroughly and assist in re-sending the access email to your client. Please keep an eye on your Community forum inbox, and we'll continue to address your concern through that channel.

Cheers,

Princess

• Managed to reach out to MYOB and was told to go to MYOB Live -> Side bar-> Settings-> Portal->Send the portal website link to client -> Client can sign up again.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi accountant7,

Thank you for the update. We are grateful for the information you've shared. By providing steps on how you resolved the issue, it can benefit other users who might have the same concern. We will now be closing this thread as resolved. Please feel free to come to our Community forum page if you need help in the future. We're always here to assist.

Cheers,

Princess