Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Another MAC AccountEdge Pro qu

Hi, my first post after numerous calls to MYOB w no clear answer.....

I am using Mac AccountEdge Pro V18.7 for many years and am very comfortable with the programme.

I hv the MYOB on a spare old MacBook still running OS 10 (High Sierra?) since MYOB doesnt support the latest OS.  I don't use that laptop for anything else but MYOB.

now, they told me that I HAVE to move to the new web/Cloud based system because I will no longer get any updates include tax tables, etc.

currently I have the latest tax tables and STP is setup and working fine.

So I am confused....   are my ONLY options:

- MYOB Business Pro (web based system).  I played around with the interface online and hated it....

- MYOB Account Right run on Windows Parrallel??  The interface looks similar to my one but I need to migrate all data from Mac to AccountRight. But at least I am familiar with the programme somewhat.

- keep using Mac AccountEdge Pro on my old Macbook and never upgrade MacOS?  but I dont get any updated tax tables and STP may not work after a while?

are these my only 3 options?

Sorry, I am a dinosaur with computers.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello JackRuss 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

You won't be able to continue using AccountEdge due to not having the most recent tax tables, and won't be able to report STP 2.

You would need to either move over to MYOB Business Pro or to MYOB AccountRight, AccountRight will need to be installed on a windows computer, but can then be accessed via a web browser on a MAC. 

If you would like some more information on either MYOB Business or MYOB AccountRight please send me a Private Message including :

•  Best contact email address
    • Best contact phone number
      JackRuss
      User

ok, this is turning into an absolute nightmare

Just spend the last hour with the so-call support team which had no idea how to solve my problem and they keep hanging up on me for some reason.

can someone here please help:  Let's put in this in plain English step by step

1) I am using MAC AccountEdge Pro v18.7 that I was told I have to stop using

2) I bought a new PC laptop just for MYOB

3) I bought the AccountRight Premier subscription

4) I have 2 company files I need to migrate to AccountRight

5) I got an automated email from "migration team" but the email says "if you want to migrate mutilple company files, you will need to have a separate serial number for each of them, and create a separate migration ticket for each company file"

my simple question, I only have ONE serial number for AccountRight Premier subscription (which caters for 2 company files).   

Do I gernerate two migration request tickets using the SAME serial number??

This is the question I have been trying to get for the past hour on the phone and I was literally in tears when they repeatedly asked me to read out the whole automated email from MYOB.  and the MYOB "support guy" kept telling me it should be fine just sending 2 files in that link?!  

but email clearly told me to rename the file to INC####.zip as they don't do the conversion if it's named different.  So how do I name my 2 company files the same name?!!  

So anyone can answer my simple question before I send over my files?

Do I gernerate two migration request tickets using the SAME AccountRight Premier serial number??

time for a coffee...seriously.... excellent staff training.

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello JackRuss 

Sorry for the delay in my response. 

Have you managed to resolve this issue? 

I would suggest doing two migrations, even though it's going to the one serial number, as you are moving two files, each one will be given a different file ID.

If you still need assistance with this please let me know and I'll be happy to help