Copy company files from one computer to another

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Casperpng
Contributing User
24 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Copy company files from one computer to another

Hi 

I just upgraded from Account Right 2020.3 to 2023.1

I have upgraded most pcs. Different pcs have different company files. I would like to standardise atleast 2 company files that should be available on all the pcs. 

There is also a new pc. For this pc, I ll install MYOB account right 2023.1

Given the above scenario, how do I copy files across from one pc to the next?

I did a backup on one pc and tried restoring on the new pc and it didn't work. Maybe I am not doing it right.

Also for the pcs with upgraded MYOB 2023.1, how do I copy files across them?

Cheers

Casper 

7 REPLIES 7
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Copy company files from one computer to another

Hi @Casperpng 

When the company files are stored locally you can take a copy of the myox file from the respective library location on that one computer and paste it onto the library location of another. Help Article: Managing libraries outlines more information on library locations. 

An alternative to that would be to take a backup of the company file (File>>Backup) and then restore that file on the required computer. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Casperpng
Contributing User
24 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M 

Another option I was thinking of was to send invite to the other user. 

I checked under Setup to add a New User. However, I can't see the New User and New Advisor buttons. I also can't see 'This user will sign with a my.myob account '. I m not sure if I have done it correctly.

I am thinking of uploading the file to be online and the other users can access it online. I don't have the email address associated with the email address and password for it. Is it possible to send you the Serial number and you can check and advise?

Casper 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Casperpng 

The company file is locally stored you would not have the Add Advisor or "This user will sign with a my.MYOB account" options as these are online options only.

If you are needing to add a user to an offline file you want to check out Help Article: Add a user to an offline file. Please note that adding a user to an offline file only grants them access to that file. They would still need access to a copy of the file to sign in. 

In terms of serial number sending due to privacy reasons, we are not allowed to send out serial numbers. However, the serial number of a company file can be located via opening that file and going Setup>>Company Information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Casperpng
Contributing User
24 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you @Steven_M 

I would like to put the files online. I don't know the login credentials. We have not put company files online before so this will be our first attempt.

I private messaged you last time. The company serial number will be there. Could you find out what email address is associated with it? Cheers

Casper 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Casperpng 

The email address you are using to log into the Forum with is the listed AccountRight Live Owner for that serial number. As such, you would be able to upload that file to the cloud using File>>Go Online (Upload this file).

For more information on uploading files to the cloud please see Help Article: Put your company file online

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Casperpng
Contributing User
24 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

24Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Steven_M 

I m unable to upload. It says there was a problem uploading this file. A connection error may have occurred. Please try again later.

I initially tried uploading the file and it gave some errors. I tried uploading again but it said the file already existed so I renamed the file and tried uploading and got the above error.

Please assist 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @Casperpng 

Looking at your account I can see that do have file that was recently uploaded to the cloud but it has yet to be accessed. This file is ID 13: "OPIC POM Opxxxxxx". This is likely the company file that you have attempted to upload and the system has shown as being unsuccessful.

My recommendation would be go to Open a Company File>>Online and check that file that has been uploaded to ensure that A) it has been uploaded and you can access it and B) that it contains the current information.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post