Forum Discussion

SRK
Trusted Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

Cannot do Final Pay for employee that has left

Hi All

I am using MYOB Payroll.

I want to Inactivate an employee.  He has no outstanding leave owing to him and his hours are all paid out (he moved overseas, did a small amount of casual work back for us and now has another job overseas).

When I enter his Final Pay, enter the date and the reason a pop box comes up wth "Clear Finish Date and Reason" with a choice of yes or now - both take me back to his active pay.

Is this an MYOB glitch or is there something I have overlooked (I have been using this system for 10 years and I can't see anything obvious)

Thanks

• Hi SRK 

It sounds like you are selecting Cancel Pay on the Enter pays window rather than select OK. As you are cancelling the pay it would attempt you to remove the termination information thus the prompt. I would recommend ensuring that are selecting OK after entering the employee's pay so you can process their final pay.

If the employee is actually just leaving i.e. no final pay is required to be paid then you would go to the Maintain Employees>>Navigate to the employee>>Employment Details and enter in the Finished Date and Reason for leaving. Note: If the Finished Date is greyed out it means holiday pay, current annual leave or alternatively holidays are due to the employee.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi SRK 

It sounds like you are selecting Cancel Pay on the Enter pays window rather than select OK. As you are cancelling the pay it would attempt you to remove the termination information thus the prompt. I would recommend ensuring that are selecting OK after entering the employee's pay so you can process their final pay.

If the employee is actually just leaving i.e. no final pay is required to be paid then you would go to the Maintain Employees>>Navigate to the employee>>Employment Details and enter in the Finished Date and Reason for leaving. Note: If the Finished Date is greyed out it means holiday pay, current annual leave or alternatively holidays are due to the employee.

SRK
      Trusted Cover User

I tried both options - I wasn't cancelling out.

However I have ended his employment - there was no holiday pay owing to him as we had paid him as a casual for short term due the nature of the work.  This solved the problem (somehow had not done this one before!)