MYOB Payroll "directory does not exist"

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Leah_W
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB Payroll "directory does not exist"

Hello

I have installed MYOB payroll on my PC but when I open the program I get the message "The Directory C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll does not exist.  Would you like to change the path you are using?"

Regardless of whether I select Yes or No, I get a Visual FoxPro message "Cannot Quit Visual FoxPro" that I can't move past, and have to force the program to close using Task Manager.

I tried one of the other suggested fixes in uninstalling MYOB payroll, clearing out my temp folder and restarting, but it did not make any difference.

Any suggestions of what else I can try?

(P.s. if you are unable to assist do you know if there is a NZ support number that I can call from AU?)

Thanks

Leah

5 REPLIES 5
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: MYOB Payroll "directory does not exist"

Hi @Leah_W

It sounds like the program has not been installed correctly or the installer has had some problems adding one of the system folders i.e. the Data\MYOB\Payroll folder.

I would be going to that path and manually adding the folders that don't exist i.e. a Payroll folder to the MYOB folder. Once that has been completed, in theory, you would be able to open the application and create the necessary Payroll using the Create a new Payroll option.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,922 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

2,922Posts

720Kudos

363Solutions

Hi @Leah_W @Steven_M

Do you have a server and a common My Documents location? - this will cause the location you mention to not exist. I then created that location for the initial installation - then moved the data folder to the server. A bit tricky as its technically not an installation MYOB supports - but use this in our office and have lots of clients doing this.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Leah_W
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks Steve.

I have checked and the folder definitely exists, along with a Payroll Demo folder and payroll file in that location.

Leah_W
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Jennie

We would eventually like to put the files on the server, but I just wanted to get it working on my local machine first, so I don't think that this is causing the issue.  Are we able to choose where the data file is stored?  Am I right to assume that MYOB Payroll is not an online product?

My colleague has since been able to install the program on her machine, which is good, but I was hoping to do the set-up first before she used the file.

Leah_W
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

I finally managed to get through to the help desk (I had to dial AU first and be transferred).

Turns out the program needed to be run with Administrator access.  Right-clicking on the program shortcut to open the properties of the program I needed to go to the Compatability tab and click the Settings box for Run this program as an administrator.

Next challenge will be to run the data file from the server, which I should be able to do quite easily.

Thanks for your help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post