Forum Discussion

Madge24
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Payroll Accumulator - can this be used to deduct money off an employee who wants to purchase something in a couple of months

Hi, We use NZ MYOB Payroll, and I use the accumulator frequently, but one employee wants me to deduct money for a few weeks, then purchase some tools.

Do I just do this as per normal and will it leave him in credit?

When it comes back to me in the banking, I will just code to tools as that will be what he is going to buy.

Thank you 

• Hi Madge24 

An Accumulator in New Zealand Payroll Desktop can be used to keep track of staff purchases and the like. Our New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Setting up an Accumulator goes through the process of setting that up and how it can work for yourself. The example the Support Note uses is a loan but the same can apply to a staff purchase situation.

In terms of the actual staff purchase side of things, you typically have a situation where you the company has brought the goods and paid that supplier for them. You then have the staff having a value of their wages deducted to reduce the amount that is paid to that employee. From the banking side of things, have the withdrawal from the company bank accounts to make payment from those goods and you also have a reduce withdrawal for the pays, which is the reduced amount that paid the employee (Net pay less the deduction).

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Madge24 

An Accumulator in New Zealand Payroll Desktop can be used to keep track of staff purchases and the like. Our New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Setting up an Accumulator goes through the process of setting that up and how it can work for yourself. The example the Support Note uses is a loan but the same can apply to a staff purchase situation.

In terms of the actual staff purchase side of things, you typically have a situation where you the company has brought the goods and paid that supplier for them. You then have the staff having a value of their wages deducted to reduce the amount that is paid to that employee. From the banking side of things, have the withdrawal from the company bank accounts to make payment from those goods and you also have a reduce withdrawal for the pays, which is the reduced amount that paid the employee (Net pay less the deduction).