Forum Discussion

Donna113
Contributing User
6 years ago
Solved

payday filing file not uploading

Capture.PNG

Hi

When I try to upload my EI Employee file to IRD i get an error message.  I changed the file from an xlsx file to a CSV as it wouldn't accept the xlxs.

Can you pleae let me know what file should I be trying to upload and why the autoatically generated one doesn't work

Thanks

Donna

• Hi Donna113  Mark_R57 

Changes were made to the file format for the New and Departing Employees file format by the IRD after many software providers have released an update for PayDay Filing. As such, this particular information is not required to be lodged until 1st April 2019.

From an MYOB Payroll point of view, we will be releasing an update (2019.1) in the coming period that will allow for the new report format to be generated and also for the compliance changes.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Donna113 

While it can be done, MYOB doesn't recommend updating the file extension or modifying the Employee Information Return file. 

In terms of your enquiry, I would recommend ensuring that you have uploaded the file to the necessary file location on the IRD location. Ideally, if you are uploading that file for payday filing you would need to navigate to the File transfer pay day schedules option on the File Transfer section of the IRD website.

Donna113
      Contributing User

Thanks, just read another answer from artiture - it looks like there are problem with this file upload.

Will continue to try.

I have successfully uploaded the EI file, it is the new nad departing employees details that will not upload.

Donna