Forum Discussion

JenineD
Partner
6 years ago
Solved

Electronic Payment Box is ticked in Bank Feed "Spend Money" and grayed Out

I have a client who had their initial MYOB setup all wrong.  Instead of my calling the Tech team and waiting, does anyone know how to remove the following:   In the bank feed screen, I wish to ente...
    6 years ago

Hi JenineD

Generally, you encounter this situation when you have the Bank Account for Electronic Payments set to be the main bank account. This does mean that whenever you attempt to record a transaction for that account i.e. a Spend Money transaction it thinks you are needing to pay it electronically thus enables the electronic tickbox.

What I would recommend doing is going to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts & Banking and reviewing the Bank Account for Electronic Payments. Ideally, this would be a holding account like the Electronic Clearing Account. If it is the main bank account, I would recommend changing that account* to be another bank account which should resolve your situation.

*Don't have an Electronic Clearing Account one can be created via Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New. You would need to give the account a number, name and set the account type to be Bank.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.