Forum Discussion

SallyE1
Contributing User
2 years ago

Adjusting leave Balances

I have had to set up a new entitlement category for an employee and need to transfer his previous accrued entitlemnets to the new category - I have done this a thousand times before but I can't seem to enter anything in the balance adjustment space for this new entitlement category - I can for every other category! Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong? Thanks (Uploaded a screenshot)

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SallyE1 

Thanks for your post.

When you set up the new entitlement category, were you able to link it to the employee? If not, kindly make sure that it is already linked to the employee. Once done, you can go to Card File > Cards List > Employees tab > Click employee name > Payroll details > Entitlements > From the Entitlements window, you should be able to see the column where you can enter the balance adjustment. You may also check The Help Article Leave and entitlements for further information. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Doreen

SallyE1
      Contributing User

Thanks Doreen - I have linked it to the employee and as I said I can normally type in the Balance Adjustment space (and I can in this record for all of them except this entitlement) - it still will not let me enter any details in the new entitlement I have set up??

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SallyE1 

Thanks for this.

If you could send a screenshot of how the new category was set up so I can look into it further. Also, when you tried to enter the balance adjustment, is the new entitlement category greyed out? If the issue will persist, I would recommend creating a void pay run where you will only enter the number of hours that you will transfer to the new entitlement category. When you process the void pay, you will enter a negative number of hours from where the leave balance coming from then positive to the new entitlement category that you will be transferring it to.  

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen