Forum Discussion

MarkW1
Contributing User
2 months ago
Solved

Balance adjustment to Sick/Carers Leave

Hi MYOB Moderator,

When I look at the allocated Pro-rata sick leave accrual I note that the balance adjustment is 316 Hrs. The year to date is -18 Hrs. At the completion of each year do you need to manually subtract the -18hrs of sick leave take to get a fresh balance at the start of the year or does MYOB do this automatically. I am seeing some very high carry over and total balances.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark

• Hi MarkW1

It looks like the balance adjustment of 316 hours and the year-to-date balance of -18 hours might be causing some confusion. The -18 hours indicate that more hours were used this payroll year than were accrued, resulting in a negative figure for the YTD balance. The 18 hours have already been deducted from the total, so that's why it shows as negative. MYOB automatically adjusts these balances at the end of each year, so you don't need to manually subtract the -18 hours. If you're seeing high carryover and total balances, it's likely reflecting the accumulation over time. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Best regards,

Doreen

2 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MarkW1

It looks like the balance adjustment of 316 hours and the year-to-date balance of -18 hours might be causing some confusion. The -18 hours indicate that more hours were used this payroll year than were accrued, resulting in a negative figure for the YTD balance. The 18 hours have already been deducted from the total, so that's why it shows as negative. MYOB automatically adjusts these balances at the end of each year, so you don't need to manually subtract the -18 hours. If you're seeing high carryover and total balances, it's likely reflecting the accumulation over time. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Best regards,

Doreen

MarkW1
    Contributing User

Thank you for the succinct answer Doreen. This answers my question.