Forum Discussion

MarkW1
User
19 days ago
Solved

Sick and Carers Leave

Can someone assist.

Under Payroll, Employee, Payroll details, Leave I have allocated leave pay items.

Pro rate Holiday leave accrual

Pro rata Sick/carers leave accrual

Pro rata Long Service Leave.

In terms of the Pro rata Sick/Carers leave accrual I have

Balance adjustment 316

Carry over 159 

Year to date -18

Total 457

Am i reading this correctly to say the employee has 316 hours of which 159 was carried over from the previous year. They have used 18 hours and have a total of 457 accrued.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

• Hi MarkW1,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Absolutely! You're spot-on. The 316 hours is the starting leave amount, manually entered by an administrator or payroll user. The carry-over of 159 hours is what's left from last year. The year to date of 18 means that 18 hours of leave have been used this year. So, the total leave accrued is indeed 457 hours. Hope this clarifies! If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

2 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MarkW1,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Absolutely! You're spot-on. The 316 hours is the starting leave amount, manually entered by an administrator or payroll user. The carry-over of 159 hours is what's left from last year. The year to date of 18 means that 18 hours of leave have been used this year. So, the total leave accrued is indeed 457 hours. Hope this clarifies! If you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,

Princess

• Hi MYOB Moderator,

I have one follow up question if I may.

When I look at the above allocated Pro-rata sick leave accrual I note that the balance adjustment is 316 Hrs. The year to date is -18 Hrs. At the completion of each year do you need to manually subtract the -18hrs of sick leave take to get a fresh balance at the start of the year or does MYOB do this automatically. I am seeing some very high carry over and total balances.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark