Forum Discussion

Maddocks
Cover User
8 months ago

2 factor identification has been dismantled

Logging into my files today did not require a password or authenticator, I tried all the companies I have, same problem.  Have my files been compromised or is MYOB malfunctioning again.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WilMyob43
    Contributing User

Yes Yes I had the same issues this morning.  Did not ask me for password or 2FA authenticator password.  Got access to the company file straight in without asking me for password. 

I quickly jumped out and did it again several times.  I had to reset and update my new password in Myob

I recently had a security breach happen in our workplace - Myob Accounting Right - and I am a bit anxious this could happen again.  I thought 2FA would be trustworthy in protecting our company data.  

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi All,

Thank you for your posts and for letting us know your concern. I'm sorry to hear that you feel your account is not secured. I'll be more than happy to help you with this. I want to know if it's an online or offline file.

• The AccountRight Live login: This is your my.myob account details (your email address and password). If you're signed in, you will not be prompted for this log-in (email address and password), and you're automatically signed into the company file once you select it.
    • The company file login: this is your User ID and password. If you've linked your user ID to your my.myob account through Setup >> User Access, this would skip the User ID and password screen. To make sure you are totally signed out, you need to go to Services>>Sign out of AccountRight Live. This will close the file, and once you select the company file again, it will ask for your email address, password, and 2FA code. If it's the company file sign on, then you'll need to check the set-up of your user ID.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. I'll be closing this thread now. If you still have any concerns, please feel free to post in our Community Forum.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai