Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Accessing data after cancelling subscription

Hi,

I have a client who is a public company that has just swapped from MYOB to another program.
We will need access to the historical MYOB data for our yearly audits, but don't want to maintain the subscriptions if we don't have to (we have three currently).

Just want to confirm my understanding of the previous answers I've found as it seems to be difficult to find a clear answer on this question - if we cancel the subscriptions and back up our files, we can still open the back-ups on MYOB Accountright in order to view data/reports?
As in, we will not completely lose access to the data, just the ability to add/amend it?

Thanks in advance.

Would appreciate a clear 

• Hi, I have a client who is a public company that has just swapped from MYOB to another program.
    We need access to the historical data for our yearly audits, but don't want to maintain the subscriptions if we don't have to.

Just want to confirm my understanding of the answers - if we cancel the subscriptions and back up our files, we can still open the back-ups on MYOB Accountright in order to view data/reports?
    As in, we will not completely lose access to the data, just the ability to add/amend it?

Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi FlyteBooks 

Should you wish to arrange the cancellation of your AccountRight subscription with us you would be able to work on your company file locally. To do this take a backup of the company file (File>>Backup) and then restore that file locally (File>>Restore>>restore in a library on my computer).

It should be noted that depending on what licence you have will depend on whether that file would be accessible to enter any new data into. If you have a perpetual licence then you would be able to enter new data into the local file after the cancellation occurs. if you have a subscription licence then the company file would be read-only, you would be able to access the file and view the information, just not add any new information or change any of the existing data.

The AccountRight Terms of Use has more information on this topic - see 7.3  What happens on the effective date of termination?