Forum Discussion

Jason0820
Contributing User
12 months ago
Solved

Change of Primary Own

Hi Can I please have some help in being able to transfer the Primary owner of our company's MYOB file, as the previous CFO is no longer contactable, and even if she was - I am not sure that she would be happy to assist?

This is such a bad model for software. Especially as a entity you can only have one Owner, yet employees and even director 1. don't live forever 2. Definitely don't work forever.

After calling the call centre and being on hold for 1:54 minutes. Gave up 

• Hi, Jason0820 

Thanks for getting back to us.

Since you will need to change the Owner of the business, you will need to fill out the Change of Details Form sent by Leneth_A. This is to ensure that the current listed owner of the business will be replaced by the person you will change it to. 

Best regards,

Doreen

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Leneth_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Jason0820

Thanks for your post and welcome here in the Community forum. It's great to have you here in the Community.

I've sent you a private message here in the Community forum regarding your concern to change the primary contact owner of the company. To access this please click on your forum display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen then choose the envelope icon that appears.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
    Leneth

Jason0820
      Contributing User

Thank you Leneth for your PM

The issue we have is that the business hasn't sold and we haven't gone into receivership. 

We just sacked the previous "Owner" of the MYOB file (a Finance manager). She was only the owner for 4 months and didn't workout, so they are unlikely to sign or approve anything.

How do we get a transfer without dealing with the previous "Owner". As a company, a single owner of a MYOB file model just doesn't work. 

I can have multiple directors, CEO, CFO,COO sign and approve. I can do a Stat Dec, I can even provide evidence that the "Owner" is no longer employed by the organisation. I can even get approval for the previous Owner from 5 months ago that approved the transfer to the dismissed employee (current "Owner"). 

Thank you in advance

Leneth_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Jason0820

Thanks for letting me know about this.

In this matter, as long as you have the proof of ownership that the company has new primary owner you may fill out the Change of Details form with the supporting documents.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
        Leneth