Forum Discussion

graemeb
Contributing User
11 months ago

Change page sizes

I am unable to print simple reports (eg; GST) to an A4 size format. The "Display Report" shows an almost square format on the preview screen. On the menu bar the "Size" options are "Tabloid, Legal, Executive". Here in Australia we use metric "A" formats, but if I click on the menu "More page sizes", MYOB crashes to the dsktop and sends an error email off to MYOB somewhere.

This has happened for months, and is really annoying. If I just print the report to PDF, then the right hand side of the report is clipped off. Can you mplease fix this bug?

Graeme

25 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi graemeb,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

When you click on Print, the document downloads as PDF, upon clicking Print on the PDF document again, you should be presented with a Printer Preferences screen where the paper size can be changed.   

The window settings can override the normal printer settings for the document being printed; we recommend checking if that is already set to the correct paper size. The reason the right-hand side of the page is clipped off is because of the Page Set up settings. It will set a wide margin. If you specify your printer, you will get the correct margins for that printer. If you are scripting the print/save, then before the print step, include page setup and specify the printer you intend to use.  

Let us know if you need further assistance with this. We are happy to assist you. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards, 

Cel

graemeb
      Contributing User

I should have med it a bit clearer - I am printing to PDF, and the default page size is A4, but the content of the A4 page in the PDF is truncated, because the "Display" in MYOB is much wider.

Nevertheless, I would still like to know why MYOB crashes to desktop, don't you?

My older versions of Accountright were fine. See attached images that might help to explain:

graemeb
        Contributing User

According to MYOB online help (attached image) I should be able to adjust report page sizes.

I am reporting this bug to you - clicking on any item in the Page Size menu will cause a crash to desktop.

Can ypou replicate this?

I am using MYOB AccountRight v2023.8.1.2

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi graemeb,

We regret to know that the issue persists after doing the troubleshooting that we provided. One of our moderators is already raising this to our relevant team for review and I will follow up on this case, Rest assured that once we have an update, we will post it on this channel. Again, apologies for the inconvenience. 

Meanwhile, if you still have other questions and concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi graemeb,

Thanks for the screenshot and my apologies for the late response.

When the software freezes/crashes do you get a message that says "Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close"?

If so could you click "View the error details". and respond with the Error Log that is populated? 

If it does not show an error log, we can find the same information in the Diagnostic Log. To find the Diagnostic Log:

1. Open your Start Menu

2. Type: %localappdata%

3. Open the %localappdata% folder:

4. Open the MYOB Folder.

5. Open the AccountRight Folder.

6. Open the Diagnostics Folder.

7. Copy the Huxley.Application_xxxx.log file to your Desktop to get to it easier.

When replying to this thread, you should be able to click the Choose File button underneath the post to add the file. If you could also include the last 4 digits of your Serial Number that would be helpful in my investigation. 

Regards,
    Earl

graemeb
      Contributing User

Hi Earl,

Yes - I get that "Something's gone wrong" message. I have attached the error.log file. I hope this helps.

Note - this error occurs if I click on ANY menu item in "Display Report>Print Preveiw>Size"

Graeme

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi graemeb,

Thank you so much for the information. In this context, I would suggest considering whether adjusting the Timeout value might help you reach your intended destination. However, it's important to note that this could be viewed as more of a workaround than a definitive solution. To see if this approach suits your needs, you can access the instructions in an older post using the following link: AccountRight Timeout Extender 

I would recommend clearing your AccountRight cache as an additional step to check if it helps resolve the issue: Clearing the AccountRight Cache

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

graemeb
      Contributing User

I had a look at the instructions for the Timeout Extender, but my system does not have the config file that is noted in the instructions. I have attached a screenshot of the folder contents.

I am curious as to how this will fix the problem?

Roz4
        Experienced User

Hi Graemeb,

I am just wondering what programe you are using ? Apple Mac or Office.  I have lots of issues with this new MYOB as I use  Apple Mac.  My reports cut off as do yours and when viewing on screen the fields are shortend so I cannot see the info I want. I had no issues with the old system either.  Very Frustrating..

graemeb
      Contributing User

I am still not able to print proper reports with this software. This issue has not been resolved, and I wonder how many automated crash error files have to be generated before a human being actually tries to fix the software?

If you cannot fix it p;lease let me know and I will happily cancel my subscription.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi graemeb,

Thank you so much for the additional information and my apologies for the late response. 

Upon conducting a more thorough investigation into this issue, we have identified a potential solution. This error can typically be resolved by following these steps:

1. Deactivate the preference for "Automatically email sales when they are recorded (invoices, orders, and quotes)" under "Setup" >> "Preferences" >> "Sales/Purchases" before recording the sale or purchase.

If this initial step does not resolve the issue, please make sure that the linked accounts for both the "Bank account for electronic payments" and the "Bank account for Undeposited funds" are not left blank. You can verify this by navigating to "Setup" >> "Linked accounts" >> "Accounts and Banking accounts."

By following these instructions, we aim to address the problem you've encountered. If you continue to experience difficulties, please don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance.

Please do let us know how you go on this.
        Regards,
        Earl

graemeb
      Contributing User

I am replying to an email from Earl on 10th November. I tried the "Export" option, and that exports the report to PDF, but again, the size of the page is wrong. It measures 280.2mm w x 323.3mm h.

What I want is an A4 (210mm x 297mm) standard paper size.

Why is this so hard? I cannot believe it. I used MYOB for years from 2001 to 2019 with no problems printing anything. What ever you have done to the program, it is now useless for me. I regret re-starting my subscription, as nothing seems to get fixed anymore. I will cancel that in the coming weeks if there is no progress.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi graemeb,

I'm sorry to learn about the difficulty you're facing. Could you kindly attempt exporting the report in different file formats to enable viewing and editing in other programs? To achieve this, navigate to the File menu (as indicated below). Hover over Export to reveal a list of available file format options. For those wanting to maintain the report's format and appearance used in AccountRight for later viewing or printing, please choose the Portable Document Format (PDF) option. Additionally, you may find detailed information on exporting reports in this helpful article. Exporting reports

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
        Regards,
        Earl