Forum Discussion

CA2023
User
4 months ago

Client trying to invite us to MYOB accountight online file

Hi

We have a client who is using MYOB accountright live. We have sent them instructions for adding us on as an adviser. We received an email from MYOB that just said Please Set Your Password - before you can start gettings things done, you need to set a password.  

We have done this but when we log in online, there is no company file there to open. 

When we login to my.myob, the client is listed in the dropdown in the top right hand corner. So there must be some connection. 

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what the client needs to do to get us access to the file? Or do we need to do something? 

We have not actually received an invite email in the format we would normally receive saying you have been invited to work online with client etc. 

Thanks for any help. 

3 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CA2023,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of helpful information.

My apologies for the late response. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with MYOB AccountRight Live. We appreciate your patience and for reaching out. Allow me to help you with this. Here are some suggestions that your client will make:

• It seems like the client might need to give you access to the company file. They can do this by logging into their MYOB account, going to the "Manage Users" section, and adding you as a user. They should then assign you the appropriate access level.
    • If you've already been added as a user but can't see the company file, it might be because the client hasn't uploaded the file to the cloud. The client can do this by opening the company file in AccountRight, going to the "File" menu, and selecting "Go Online.".

If the client has already done this and you're still having issues, it will be a good idea if they reach out to us so that we can check the account and assist them further regarding this matter.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Shella

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi CA2023,

I hope this message finds you well today. I just wanted to follow up if you’re still in need of assistance with the file for your client. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. If you still need assistance with this, please don’t hesitate to reply, as we’re always delighted to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Shella

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi CA2023,

I hope this message finds you well today. We have recently asked for updates to assist you further, but we have not received any response. We will be closing this thread now. If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to start a post again, as we're always delighted to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Shella