Forum Discussion

LeesaScanlon
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Company File Login gives error message "not responding"

When I attempt to login to one of our company files (non live company file), the banner on top of the login box reads "not responding". 

After a short time of loading (displaying the loading 'wheel'), the page closes itself down, including the whole AccountRight program window.

I have accessed other company files today, both Accountright Live primary company file and other non live company files, without a problem. 

I upgraded the company file to AccountRight 2021.4 just prior to this error. Normally I'd consider if this triggered the error, however I upgraded the other company files today without issue. 

Any suggestions appreciated :) 

Steven_M
    3 years ago

Hi LeesaScanlon 

Sounds like you got most of the way sorted - Good job!

The default location for an AccountRight 2021 company file would be: Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\ However, Help Article: Manage libraries has the other default locations.

Note: if the company file is stored online with AccountRight 2021 do let us the following details:

• What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
    • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I had the same problem.  I searched "Unable to open Accountright file" and a post came up with Run the Accountright Hotfix tool so I did that on the file I couldn't open and it fixed the problem.

LeesaScanlon
      Contributing User

Thanks so much Martie53 I'll look up that post and give that a shot! 

LeesaScanlon
      Contributing User

Hi Steven, 

I'm having some difficulty with the fix

1. In opening the tool (invalid fingerprint error)

2. when I elect to ignore this security block, it does open up a MYOB "data utility" window (see screen shot attached), but when I click browse to open the relevant company file, I cannot locate myob program or the myob company file. What am I doing wrong? 

As an alternative, I've tried to follow the steps to provide you with the diagnostic file, but it only displays steps 1-6 i.e %localappdata% and locating the MYOB version. The rest of the steps can be viewed. 

Further assistance much appreciated!

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi LeesaScanlon 

Sounds like you got most of the way sorted - Good job!

The default location for an AccountRight 2021 company file would be: Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files\ However, Help Article: Manage libraries has the other default locations.

Note: if the company file is stored online with AccountRight 2021 do let us the following details:

• What the LAST FOUR DIGITS of the serial number is - Setup>>Company Information
        • What is the company file ID - Help>>About AccountRight