Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Creating new company file

Hi 

I'm creating a new company file for a new branch setting up in VIC, while MYOB asks me to subscribe a new online file. I do have a GOC file which is not using anymore but still be charged $188 per month for it, can I discontinue the GOC one and transfer the subscribtion to VIC file? Many thx

2 Replies

• Thanks for your reply, now GOC is discontinued and MEL file is subscribed and created, yet only locally, it can't be uploaded online... It says serial number is incorrect, but it's, and I just received an invoice for it... Obviously there is an 'issue affecting account administration and purchasing on the website'. So when its going to be SOLVED? As we need to process payroll today.

thomas642daniel
    Contributing User

Hello,

You can discontinue the GOC file and transfer the subscription to the new VIC file. Here are the steps you can follow:

Contact MYOB Support: Reach out to MYOB support to request the cancellation of the GOC file subscription. Explain that you want to transfer the subscription to a new company file for your VIC branch.
    Backup and Restore: Make sure to back up any important data from the GOC file before discontinuing it. You can then restore this backup to the new VIC file if needed.
    Change Serial Number: If the serial number is tied to the subscription, you might need to change the serial number in the new company file. This can be done by opening the file and going to Help >> Change Serial Number. Note that this option might be greyed out if live services like bank feeds or payroll are linked.
    Transfer Subscription: Once the GOC file is discontinued, MYOB support costcoess can assist you in transferring the subscription to the new VIC file. This might involve some administrative steps on their end.

Hope that helps.