Forum Discussion

Sam_P
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Create a Copy of MYOB company file

Hi there,

Please can you let me know how I can create a copy of our MYOB online file so that I can test some importing options.

Thanks

• Hi Sam,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. I've made some adjustments on the backend. Could you please attempt to log in again and check if the issue has been resolved?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    Regards,
    Earl

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, Sam_P 

To create a copy of your MYOB online file, you may need to create a backup. To do this, kindly log into your AccountRight > Go to File > Select Backup, and then the Back Up Company File window will appear. This window will allow you to select the location where you want to save your backup as well as to create a password for the backup. For further information on how to create a backup, kindly check The Help Article: Back up your company file.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

Sam_P
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Doreen,

thank you. 

I have created the backup but now need to create a test file for it, rather than use my live file.  I know that I can restore from backup but I need an actual file to restore it to.  Any ideas, please?

Sam_P
        Experienced Cover User

Hi

Can anyone help me create a TEST file for my current MYOB business file, please?

I have a backup.  I need to be able to restore that backup to a TEST MYOB file.  Clearwater is not showing on my list of Sample Co's.

Thanks