Forum Discussion

11 months ago

ERROR: Unable to get property 'prototype' of undefined or null reference

Hello,

I am getting the following errors when trying to log onto our Account Right File (screenshot attached)

ERROR 1

Line: 18

Char: 7

Error: Unable to get property 'prototype' of undefined or null reference

ERROR 2

Line: 484

Char: 4857

Error: Expected identifier

ERROR 3

Line: 497

Char: 5

Error: Object doesnt support property or method 'addEventListener'

Not sure how to rectify this and be able to log on to our file.

Thank you for your help

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi CRobinsonKPBP 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

This is a known error and we have some steps to help you with resolving these error:

• Clear the browsing data by going into Control Panel and Selecting Internet Options;
    • Then under Browsing History select delete     

As this involve deleting data from your computer we recommend to speak with your IT in relation to impacts and ensuring this task is completed for your environment.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

abailey
      Contributing User

Hello,

I am having this same issue. I have followed all of these steps including manually deleting the files through settings. Plus uninstalled and reinstalled.

What else can I do to fix this?

dddddddddd
        Experienced User

We are the same here too - two different users.  Clearing cache and broswer history does not work.

HEAL
      Experienced User

I am also having this problem today with Script Errors.  I have cleared my cache, deleted temporary files, and deleted the contents of the file in General Internet Options as recommended in other posts.  I need to process my payroll today.  Is this happening because MYOB are changing the login screens?  How can MYOB help me today?

dddddddddd
        Experienced User

Ok, I seemed to have found a fix for me anyway - hopefully it stays that way!

In Chrome, go to 'Settings', 'Privacy & Security', 'Site Settings', 'Javascript'.  At the bottom under 'Allowed to Use Javascript', add https://id.myob.com, or I added the whole strong of the error that was being thrown up in the javascript error screen

Screenshot 2023-09-15 122510.png