Forum Discussion

InTuneMusic
Experienced Cover User
2 months ago

Exporting Customer Card Files

I know of 3 ways to export Customer Card files and all either don't work, don't have the correct data, crash or I can't save the report for future use.

I only need to export, Customer Name, Phone & Email and I need to save this report for repeatable uses.

Can anyone give me an idea on this?

MYOB Export Assistant

Has all the functionality I want to select the correct files, but I can't save this as a repeatable report.

This also creates 2 fields for the Customer name ( Fist Name & Surname), not ideal, but I can work around in google sheets.

Card Report

This usually crashes when I try to export a Customer Contact List.

Limited Customization - Not enough fields to insert. 

Why isn't email available here or other information?   

If it doesn't crash I can't add email address to this export, which makes it useless for the report I need.

Work around is to create a custom field and add email to this custom field, but I am trying to reduce data input not double it.

The Web Version of MYOB has no customization and can only export to PDF or Excel??

Why is there know export to CSV Function?

If these customization can be added to future updates please do so.

Thank you

3 Replies

InTuneMusic
    Experienced Cover User

I have also found this for a daily export of "Orders" which is getting closer to what I need.

But once again Customization is lacking - I can't add Phone or Email to the list.

Note: Email on the list is a "Custom Field" renamed to email as a work around.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi InTuneMusic , have you tried using the Excel Add-in "MYOB for Excel". It is capable of producing the details you require, and (I think) can be saved and re-run.

To obtain the add-in, go to Addins on the Home menu, and if not listed, choose Browse for more, and search for it.

To use it, log in to MYOB, and select the company file you wish to report from. Then choose Contacts, Customers, and the fields you want. Open up the Address box to see those fields.  You will get a couple of other fields, but basically it works. 

InTuneMusic
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Mike_James 

Thanks for the response.

I don't currently have an excel subscription, I am using Google sheets.

Is there an add on for Google Sheets?

I should be able to export Customer Contacts (name, phone & email) repeatedly directly from this software without any 3rd party software or help.

This is basic simple functionality.

The ability for the MYOB to do this is there (Export Assistant)

It just needs to be extended to actual reports.....