Forum Discussion

16 days ago

Finding Transactions without Cost Centres

In my end of month reconciliations, I need to check that all income/expense transactions have a Cost Centre associated with them.

I haven't been able to find a report that I can run to find unallocated transactions.

At the moment, I simply compare the PnL to the Cost Centre PnL, but if there is a discrepancy, locating the transactions with a missing allocation or Cost Centre is very laborious.
Is there any way to run a simple report to see all transactions with unallocated Cost Centre?

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey joeylehrer,

MYOB AccountRight does not have a specific feature to generate a report that directly shows transactions with unallocated Cost Centres. However, there is a workaround you can use to identify these transactions. In MYOB AccountRight, go to Banking > Bank Feeds. Those are the transactions that remain unallocated.

Best regards,

Doreen

• Hi Doreen_P 

Thanks for your reply.

I might not be understanding correctly. In the Bank Feed, is there a difference between the transactions not yet reconciled, and the ones you are describing as "remaining unallocated"?

If there isn't a difference, then I'm not sure how these unreconciled transactions help me located transactions without a Cost Centre allocation.

And if the is a difference, I'm not sure how to view the transactions that remain unallocated.

Thanks.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hello there joeylehrer,

Yes there is a difference between unallocated and unreconciled transactions. You can find unallocated transactions under "Bank Feeds" while unreconciled transactions can be found in "Reconcile Accounts". If you're still having trouble locating these transactions or need further assistance, you can reach out to our support team directly via our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support case via My Account.

Best regards,

Doreen