Forum Discussion

10 months ago

GL JournalTransactions API - [Message, The Company File version is not supported.]

I have a local install of AccountRight which I want to make calls on the API vuia a Python script.

My URL is made from:

endpoint = f"{MYOB_ENDPOINTS['general_ledger_journal_transaction']}/?$filter=DateOccurred ge datetime'{start}' and DateOccurred le datetime'{end}'"

When I call:
http://192.168.x.x:8080/accountright/<company ID>/GeneralLedger/JournalTransaction/?$filter=DateOccurred%20ge%20datetime'2022-01-01'%20and%20DateOccurred%20le%20datetime'2022-12-31'

In my code I get the error:
error: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url

If I browse to the URL I get the message:
[Message, The Company File version is not supported.]

I am requesting this accross a number of companies, some work but many do not.  Is this a version thing or am I doing it all wrong?  :)

Each company file has been opened and upgraded via the UI.

tia

W

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi WilliamHam , this error indicates a mismatch in the version of the API add-on connector. See https://apisupport.myob.com/hc/en-us/articles/5779979182607-Company-File-version-is-not-supported

Go to myob.com/au/support/downloads, and look for the MSI section, and download & install the appropriate API add-on connector. It's possible that you may need to re-install the core program as well. 

You will need the add-on connector for each file version you are dealing with. 

WilliamHam
      User

Thanks for this Mike_James, does the appropriate API connector just need to be installed once on the server or for each company?  

I will pass this request onto the finance folk and see how they handle things like this.

I very much appreciate your assistance here.

cheers

W