Forum Discussion

Deb14
Experienced User
5 months ago
Solved

Hi All,

I have always needed to log in with email and password, when logging into Accountright, but tonight I am not being asked the password anymore.  I have recently changed my password, and tried using the 2FA authenticator, which worked, but now I am not sure why I am not being asked for the password.

I actually got logged out and could not get back in using the authenticator number provided, so I have logged into the online app and changed back to receiving 2FA via email, and at least I can get into Accountright, but it is still not asking for my password.  Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Deb

• Hi Deb14,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. The system now requires less frequent logins than before. To ensure it prompts for login details again, I'd recommend performing a hard logout in this situation, which will be an important step. Additionally, our upgraded 2FA technology employs 'adaptive MFA,' which considers multiple factors like your device, IP address, and time of day to prompt 2FA as part of smart Security's expected behavior. If you encounter any issues even after trying the hard logout, please don't hesitate to contact us, and we'll investigate this matter further for you.

Looking forward for your response.
    Regards,
    Earl

1 Reply

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Deb14,

Thank you so much for your post and my apologies for the late response. The system now requires less frequent logins than before. To ensure it prompts for login details again, I'd recommend performing a hard logout in this situation, which will be an important step. Additionally, our upgraded 2FA technology employs 'adaptive MFA,' which considers multiple factors like your device, IP address, and time of day to prompt 2FA as part of smart Security's expected behavior. If you encounter any issues even after trying the hard logout, please don't hesitate to contact us, and we'll investigate this matter further for you.

Looking forward for your response.
    Regards,
    Earl