Forum Discussion

ianggg
User
18 days ago
Solved

MYOB V15 Initialisation error how to fix

• HI ianggg,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! For troubleshooting purposes, I recommend starting by uninstalling AccountRight. After uninstallation, delete or rename the program folder on your computer and run the registry cleaner to remove any AccountRight registry entries. You can find the AccountRight registry cleaner in our help article "Fixing issues uninstalling AccountRight" When reinstalling, ensure that your computer meets the system requirements for your version, and consider temporarily disabling any antivirus software during the reinstallation process.

For further troubleshooting related to the Initialization Error on Windows, some users have reported success by following these steps:

1. Open the System Properties control panel applet (you can do this quickly by right-clicking Start, selecting Run, and typing 'sysdm.cpl').
    2. Navigate to the Advanced tab and click on Settings under Performance.
    3. Under Data Execution Prevention, click Add, and then locate "Myobp.exe" or the AccountRight installation folder (the file name may vary).
    4. Click OK to confirm the changes.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

HI ianggg,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! For troubleshooting purposes, I recommend starting by uninstalling AccountRight. After uninstallation, delete or rename the program folder on your computer and run the registry cleaner to remove any AccountRight registry entries. You can find the AccountRight registry cleaner in our help article "Fixing issues uninstalling AccountRight" When reinstalling, ensure that your computer meets the system requirements for your version, and consider temporarily disabling any antivirus software during the reinstallation process.

For further troubleshooting related to the Initialization Error on Windows, some users have reported success by following these steps:

1. Open the System Properties control panel applet (you can do this quickly by right-clicking Start, selecting Run, and typing 'sysdm.cpl').
    3. Under Data Execution Prevention, click Add, and then locate "Myobp.exe" or the AccountRight installation folder (the file name may vary).

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

ianggg
      User

I tried the second option which worked well and solved my problem with MYOB 15

Earl_HD wrote:

HI ianggg,

Regards,
      Earl

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ianggg,

We're pleased to hear that your issue has been resolved. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to start a new post, and we'll be more than happy to help you.

Regards,
        Earl