Forum Discussion

kjacko98
Experienced User
17 days ago

Need to change online admin of Company file

Hi team,

I am having trouble changing online admin from previous employee to myself. I followed previous MYOB community notes however the options to change was not available so I'm hoping some clarification can be provided. I have attached two screenshots for reference. I need to change the name highlighted in yellow to the one highlighted in green (myself). The second screenshot shows my user access roles which i have selected administrator however the title and role is still under old employee.

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi there kjacko98

When changing an access, only users with Administrator access can change another user’s access level. An administrator can't change their own access level. You can check this link for more information on how to change users level of access. If you encounter issues in the future, don't hesitate to create a post again.

Best regards,

Doreen

MyobFPDN
      User

Hi Doreen 

What to do if the only Administrator is not available permanently due to health condition or passing on? How to change Administrator in such circumstances?

Can you please advise.

Regards

Hassan

kjacko98
      Experienced User

Hi Doreen,

When I go to amend my User Type, its greyed out. And it's also greyed out for the previous online admin as well.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MyobFPDN

I'm sorry to hear about the condition of your Administrator. If you wish to change the Administrator, I'll be sending you a private message that has the email address on where to request the change of Administrator of your file. Feel free to post again if you encounter issues in the future.

Best regards,

Doreen

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi kjacko98

Thanks for the update! If the User Type is greyed out, this only means that the credentials you are logging in doesn't have the user type of Administrator. I have checked the previous screenshot you sent and the user type was File User. You can check the link here for more information. You can also get in touch with our live chat for further assistance. To get through to a live chat agent, you will need to get in touch first to our virtual assistant, MOCA through myob.com/support. Don't worry, if MOCA can't provide the help you need, our live chat team is just around the corner to pick up from where MOCA left off.

Best regards,

Doreen