Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Owner access - not able to add new users

Hello

I am listed as the owner in my.myob but am unable to add new users as the setup option is unavailable on the company file.   Your help would be appreciated.   

Thank you

Mel

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi kindyfinance,

Thank you for your post.

When you say the setup option is not available to you, is it not appearing at all in the setting dropdown? or is it greyed out (not letting you click into it)? See below:

Let me know how you get on. 

• Hi Sam

The option to manage users is not available in our "set up" menu.   I am following myob instructions online to manage users.   Is this the correct place to manage users?   The menu items you have posted are displayed differently.  If this is the correct place to manage users, can you please advise where these menu options are accessible?

Thank you, Mel

Sam_R
        Former Staff

Hi kindyfinance,

Thank you for those details and screenshot.

You have posted on the MYOB Business so I had provided instructions for that software, apologies. 

In your software, however, you should be able to see the 'User access' option when selecting the 'Setup' dropdown, but from your screenshot, it doesn't appear. This is generally because the company file administrator, or a user assigned the Administrator role, can only set up user access.

However, if you are the Administrator and still not seeing this option, please let me know so we can investigate further.