Forum Discussion

AccountsAA
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Formatting profit and loss statement

Hi,

I have a trouble with my profit and loss statement format.

Please see attachment.

"total depreciation"is not shown under deprecation account. 

Could you please tell me how I could fix this problem?

Regards,

Mindy

Steven_M
    3 years ago

Hi AccountsAA 

To my knowledge, the latest version shouldn't be impacted by that situation and you are on that latest version.

My recommendation would be to clear your cache as per Clearing the AccountRight Cache.

If you are still encountering that situation after clearing the cache can you indicate if the Profit & Loss [Accrual] report is encountering the same situation. with that total appearing at the bottom of the report.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi AccountsAA 

To generate a sub-total for a header account on the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss reports you would need to enable the following preference:

1. Navigate to Accounts>>Accounts Lists.
    2. Choose the desired header account.
    3. Within the Account Information window, you would select the Details tab
    4. Enable When Reporting, Generate a Subtotal for This Section.
    5. Select OK.

After enabling that preference on the header account, once running that report you would be able to see a total for those detail accounts that make up that header account.

AccountsAA
      Contributing User

Hi Steven,

I followed your guide to reset our depreciation header account, but it still shows that the total depreciation substotal is not under depreciation account on our profit and loss statement. 

Regards,

Mindy

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi AccountsAA 

So we can fully understand that account list structure for that account would you mind providing a screenshot of the Account>>Account Lists-- Expense tab showing that header and detail account.

In addition to that, have you recently created the header account and/or moved the account list structure up or down levels?