Forum Discussion

10 months ago
Solved

reports not downloading to excel

I recently upgraded microsoft office and now can't download any report into excel. - No error message just nothing happens!      I have contacted support (waited over 1hr for them to answer) to be told it was a question for my IT person !    My IT person had already confirmed that the microsoft office is installed on my computer and is working fine.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled Accountright several times without any success.   Can anyone please help ?   I use this feature all the time for many of my clients.

thank you,

Julie 

• Hi julieD2 , AccountRight must always be the last program installed, so first of all, reinstall Accountright. You can download the install files from myob.com/xx/support/downloads, where xx is au or nz. 

Also, you should check whether the new Office program is 32 or 64 bit. AccountRIght requires 32 bit. In Excel, go to File, Account and About Excel. The first line in bold should end in 32-bit. If it's 64-bit, you'll have to speak to your IT people.

If you still have trouble after re-installing AccountRight and checking the "bit value", then try an export to Excel again, then find the diagnostic file and attach it to this thread. The log file location and how to get there is described here:

https://community.myob.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/AccountRight-Log-Locations/td-p/582218

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi julieD2 , AccountRight must always be the last program installed, so first of all, reinstall Accountright. You can download the install files from myob.com/xx/support/downloads, where xx is au or nz. 

Also, you should check whether the new Office program is 32 or 64 bit. AccountRIght requires 32 bit. In Excel, go to File, Account and About Excel. The first line in bold should end in 32-bit. If it's 64-bit, you'll have to speak to your IT people.

If you still have trouble after re-installing AccountRight and checking the "bit value", then try an export to Excel again, then find the diagnostic file and attach it to this thread. The log file location and how to get there is described here:

https://community.myob.com/t5/Tips-and-Tricks/AccountRight-Log-Locations/td-p/582218

julieD2
      User

Hi Mike_James,

I have checked the office program and it is 64 bit so I have contacted my IT guy to find out a way to rectify this.

I am very grateful for your help - this was a problem that should not have been so stressful.   Did not have this problem with Xero or Quickbooks !

Thanks so much

JulieD2

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi julieD2,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry for waiting on the line for almost an hour and for the inconvenience it may have caused. I am glad that Mike_James was able to help and resolved your issue. If you have any additional concern, please feel free to post in our Community Forum.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai