Forum Discussion

Gracy
Experienced User
5 years ago

Restoring MYOB

Hi, we just recently rolled over our 2019 financial year. I opted for not purging transaction to be safe for the back up data.  Now we are in current financial year, 2020. 

I read in this community, another post saying that the MYOB Cloud version will keep the past data, so we should be able to retrieve 2019 general ledger detail data.  

We tried to retrieve yesterday, but MYOB didn't show any past transaction after the rolled over with a message that we are in wrong year or something... 

What went wrong?  That is my 1st question.  

Secondly, due to this limitation, I tried to restore our backup and it has been half an hour, but seems the progress bar stays same.   So, how long does it take to restore a backup?  We need the data urgently. 

Anyone can spare the experience? 

• Hi Gracy , some GL reports only work for certain financial years. For example, the GL detail report. Try the Account Transactions (Accrual) report for much the same data. The latter report works on date ranges only.

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Gracy , some GL reports only work for certain financial years. For example, the GL detail report. Try the Account Transactions (Accrual) report for much the same data. The latter report works on date ranges only.

Gracy
      Experienced User

Thank you very much Mike.  That is really helpful input from you.  

Regards,

Grace