Forum Discussion

Factory
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Adding/rotating API keys and secrets

Hi all, I'm wanting to add new API key-secret pairs for our application and eventually retire the existing ones. I had a few questions:

1. How do I add keys and secrets? Do I need to hit Register App in the dev dashboard?

2. Will the new pair be immediately useable? If not, what are the next steps?

3. Will the other pairs remain valid?

4. How do I invalidate a key-secret pair?

Regards!

• Hi Factory 

Thanks for reaching out. To create a new API key, this is done by logging into the my.MYOB website. Then clicking on your Developer tab and running through the register app proccess. 

After completing that, we then recommend that you log a ticket with the API Support Team to activate the key as only the first 2 keys created will auto activate.

The API Support Team will also be able to advise how to delete any keys that you no longer need.

Here is the link to log a ticket with the API Support Team.

Hope this helps.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    HelenB
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Factory 

Thanks for reaching out. To create a new API key, this is done by logging into the my.MYOB website. Then clicking on your Developer tab and running through the register app proccess. 

After completing that, we then recommend that you log a ticket with the API Support Team to activate the key as only the first 2 keys created will auto activate.

The API Support Team will also be able to advise how to delete any keys that you no longer need.

Here is the link to log a ticket with the API Support Team.

Hope this helps.