Forum Discussion

2 days ago

Automated Backup to on prem

Hello, 

Is there an API requiest available to backup account right files saved in the cloud? 

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Andrew_GF,

In the cloud, your files are backed up weekly. If you'd like to create a backup on your end, you can do so by adjusting the settings in AccountRight. Simply go to Setup > Preferences > Security and check the box that says Prompt for data backup when closing. This will ensure you're reminded to back up your data regularly.

Regards,

Sai

• Thanks for the reply.

I was looking for something automated I could log and report on. Are the weekly backups taken by MYOB imutable? If someone gained access could they delete our files and associated backups?

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Andrew_GF,

Weekly backups of MYOB won't be changed. However, you can't check on them as they are just a safety feature in case the local backup made by users fails. It's still recommended to manually create your backup. Also, I'm not sure if there is an add-on for the software that would automatically make the backups without user input.

I think it would be a great idea to post this on the Ideas Exchange board for users to vote on for a future update.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Thanks,
      Genreve