Forum Discussion

IanJE
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Bank feed - replacement credit card

My credit card has been replaced. It has a new number so I had to submit for a new bank feed, which is now ready. Is there a way I can link the bank feed for the replacement credit card to the same ledger account, or do I have to start a new ledger account for the replacement card? 

• Hi IanJE 

If you were wanting to link a new bank feed to an account that already has bank feeds linked there are a couple of steps involved in changing the linked account. Whilst doable it may not be a more viable option (depending on your situation) than creating a new account and linking the new bank feed to that account

First you’d need to undo all of the bank reconciliations for that account, that contained one or more bank feed transactions included in it.

You’d then need to unmatch every transaction that came through on the bank feeds

This would allow you to change the associated account on that bank feed

Do note that you would then need to redo he previously undone reconciliations

Depending on the number of transactions and reconciliations involved you may be better to start a new ledger account and associate that to the new bank feed

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi IanJE 

If you were wanting to link a new bank feed to an account that already has bank feeds linked there are a couple of steps involved in changing the linked account. Whilst doable it may not be a more viable option (depending on your situation) than creating a new account and linking the new bank feed to that account

First you’d need to undo all of the bank reconciliations for that account, that contained one or more bank feed transactions included in it.

You’d then need to unmatch every transaction that came through on the bank feeds

This would allow you to change the associated account on that bank feed

Do note that you would then need to redo he previously undone reconciliations

Depending on the number of transactions and reconciliations involved you may be better to start a new ledger account and associate that to the new bank feed

IanJE
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Neil. That's not a viable option so I will start a new ledger account.