Forum Discussion

6 months ago
Solved

Bank File layout

Hello,

When we generate a Bank File for vendor/supplier payments, we only just noticed that, for example, when paying, say 10 invoices (in one bank file Batch) that are for the same Supplier, the bank file actually shows the 10 lines  (one for each invoice being paid) rather than just the summary payment value?

In other words, if we are paying 10 invoices for $100 each, this supplier is getting 10 credits on their bank statement, rather than a payment of $1,000.  Our bank system is ANZ Transactive, we are sure the issue is with ARL as the created bank file has the issue, before importing into ANZ Transactive.

I've spent hours on the ARL settings etc, have I missed something?

• Hi David25

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your bank file concern. In my understanding, we are referring to the ABA file produced by creating an electronic payment. If this is the case, the bank file would produce the total amount as one deposit to your recipient's bank account. The ABA file would show as multiple line items but the information the bank will process is just one deposit. 

I recommend reading through this article, Making Electronic Payments with a Bank File. This will provide further information regarding the bank file created.  

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi David25

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your bank file concern. In my understanding, we are referring to the ABA file produced by creating an electronic payment. If this is the case, the bank file would produce the total amount as one deposit to your recipient's bank account. The ABA file would show as multiple line items but the information the bank will process is just one deposit. 

I recommend reading through this article, Making Electronic Payments with a Bank File. This will provide further information regarding the bank file created.  

Let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Genreve