Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

banking

I have a customer that pays one large amount of money from their head office.  They pay for many small franchise customers that have different cards in MYOB AccountRight.

I have applied all the individual payments to each invoice under the individual cards, and it reconciles against the amount that they paid to us.  In the bank feed I now have to apply that amount to something.  What do I do?

• Hi JCBooks

Thanks for posting. 

I understand we are trying to make sure that the bank feed is matched to the transactions in the file. Generally, if the bank feed shows a bulk amount, we need to record the payment as a bulk amount too. Instead of paying the invoice individually to the bank account, we could record the payments as undeposited funds first and then create a transaction from the "Prepare bank deposit" window. This will make sure that all the transactions that make up for the bulk payment will enter the bank account as one transaction to match just one transaction in the bank feed. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi JCBooks

Thanks for posting. 

I understand we are trying to make sure that the bank feed is matched to the transactions in the file. Generally, if the bank feed shows a bulk amount, we need to record the payment as a bulk amount too. Instead of paying the invoice individually to the bank account, we could record the payments as undeposited funds first and then create a transaction from the "Prepare bank deposit" window. This will make sure that all the transactions that make up for the bulk payment will enter the bank account as one transaction to match just one transaction in the bank feed. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers, 
    Genreve